I am a member of a Canadian Regulatory Body, and I have 800 hours of experience, but the experience was not in Canada, can I apply?

Provided you are registered under the legislative body which regulates the practice of the health professionals in Canada and obtained your experience outside of Canada under your Canadian licence that time would contribute towards the 800 hours of experience. If you obtained your experience while registered with a health authority that is NOT a Canadian regulated health profession that time would not contribute towards your 800 hours of experience.

Example: Canadian Forces Registered Nurse licensed by College of Nurses of Ontario practicing in Iraq is eligible.
Example: A nurse registered outside of Canada and now licensed in Canada could only utilize the experience obtained while licensed in Canada

Posted in:



Volunteers are an important part of the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board. Their knowledge about Diabetes has enabled the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board to be what it is. 

Scroll to Top