2023 Examination results will be released only to individual candidates in writing, delivered by Canada Post regular delivery mail, within six to eight weeks after the examination administration. Examinations will not be returned to candidates. Results will NOT be provided over the phone or via email. Results are not available immediately following the examination.
Registration for the May 2024 exam will begin in the fall of 2023. Please check back to our website then.
2024 CDECB Examination dates:Thursday May 23, 2024
Friday May 24, 2024
Saturday May 25, 2024
To ensure that you receive all communication with us please add the following emails to your contact list. firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Individuals who have not previously taken or passed the CDE® examination or whose CDE® designation have lapsed must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Be licensed with a regulatory body in Canada as a regulated health professional
- A minimum of 800 hours of practice in diabetes education within the Canadian Diabetes Educator certification examination competencies.
- The minimum of 800 hours of practice in diabetes education must be obtained within any duration or combination of time within the three year period that is immediately preceding the February 1 application deadline. Such hours of practice must be obtained while the individual is fully licensed with a regulatory body as a Canadian health care professional. Such experience includes providing education, diabetes management advice or care to one or more of the following: those at risk for diabetes; those with prediabetes and those with diabetes, their families or health professionals utilizing the competencies set out in Appendix A.
ALL of the above must be attained while the individual is fully registered with a regulatory body in Canada as a health professional.
Enrollment and participating in a diabetes course does NOT contribute towards the 800 hours of diabetes practice experience. Diabetes Education does not include charting, staff meetings, lunches, breaks or simply being at work
Please see the current Examination Handbook for the current fee for writing the exam.
The examination offered to Certified Diabetes Educators on the Saturday following the Victoria Day long weekend in May, each year is available to you as a method of Certification Maintenance.
The choice is yours, you may elect to write the examination or collect credits via the credit portfolio method.
- To review the Exam Handbook and Documentation,.
- To review the Exam References,.
- To review the Exam FAQs