I was looking into the CDE® certification as I have been working for several years in a Primary Care Network which involves a large amount of diabetes management. I see that the first requirement is to be registered with a regulatory body. As a Kinesiologist/Clinical Exercise Physiologist in Alberta, this poses a problem as the only province that has an associated college for this profession is Ontario.

We understand there is a possibility you may apply to become licensed, although you live in Alberta, with the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario. Please communicate directly with them in this regard.
Our regulations permit us to certify regulated health care professionals in Canada who are licensed by a Canadian regulatory body. It is important to remember one must have 800 hours of diabetes education experience while fully licensed in order to become eligible to write the examination.

Posted in:



Volunteers are an important part of the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board. Their knowledge about Diabetes has enabled the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board to be what it is. 

Scroll to Top